Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

Amazing weekend.  Graduated with Merit, had many delicious meals, hung out with awesome people.  5 interviews lined up so far.  Plans all set for Mendoza (wine country) Friday night- Tuesday morning.  Awesome people have started to leave already, which is sad, so I'm trying not to think about it.

Went to La Boca today.  It's a touristy area with brightly colored buildings and lots of restaurants and little shops.  Despite the cold, gray weather, everything looked adorable.  Tango dancers performed in the streets to live music.  Pictures forthcoming.  After that, i went straight to my first interview.   The pay isn't great, but it could be a pretty good job.  I have to go back tomorrow to present a sample lesson (thank God i have some from EBC!), and then I'll find out if I got the job.  We shall see!

FYI: I don't think lots of people are going to be sending me random presents, but if you do (and i would encourage it!), DON'T use Fed-Ex or UPS.  Stick with regular post.  For some reason, Fed-Ex packages get held up at the airport (1 hr and $50peso cab ride away).  I'm also not sure I'll ever get notification that I HAVE a package, even if I do.  Lame, but who knows.

Love and miss you all, besos!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

There go my plans to UPS you a copy of "Wayne's World."

Anonymous said...

Are you interviewing with schools? Businesses? Sounds like you're making good use of your time!

Mom

Poppy said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. We are so glad to hear you beso enthusiastic.