Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bienvenidos

Laziness and vanity have prompted me to start a blog.  It's easier for me than telling the same story a million times (I have tendinitis already guys!), and it's easier for YOU than listening to a bunch of stuff you already heard while I get around to the latest news.

That said, this first post will probably be a recap for most of you readers.  I really do spend most of my time in class, frantically trying to remember everything I'll need to be a real English teacher next month.  I've had a great time so far though, and it seems like there will be many more to come.

Getting down here was an adventure in itself.  Due to some stupidity on my part (and definitely also Delta Airlines'), I couldn't leave on Saturday like I was supposed to, and had to go home and drive back to Philly on Sunday.  There was a major lightning storm in Atlanta, but the delays weren't too bad, and I got to BsAs at about 8:30 am local time.  I made it to class only about half an hour late, so that wasn't bad.  There are 11 people in my class, and they're all pretty great.  We all went out to lunch on Monday at a pizza place around the corner.  Three of my classmates live in the residence with me (it's not just next door to EBC, it's the same building!), and most live in the area.

Jason lives in the San Telmo neighborhood, which is about 40 minutes away.  He's been great, but I don't see him that much, so I still have to figure a lot of things out about the city myself.  We're going skydiving, and maybe also to Iguazu Falls.  He's leaving at the beginning of August, so we'll have to hurry up and plan some of this stuff!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo ... I get to be the first to comment! It'll be a lot of fun to read a blog from someone I know and care about. Hope you keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work, J. It feels a little like Orwell's 1984 in that there is a faint scent of beer and wine when one reads your blog. Can this be ???
GDPete