Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween!

Halloween is next weekend, and while I don't know of anything specific going on, I'm sure something will come up. Argentines tend to jump on any excuse for a party. What should my costume be? I didn't bring much stuff with me (the panda ears and grass skirt are both at home), and I can't really afford to buy much unless I can later use it as actual clothing. I've seen a couple toy stores selling masks and costumes, but the selection looks pretty limited.


Also, the Christmas store in the Galerias Pacifico opened last week, and there's a year-round Christmas store on Roque Saenz Pena. I like the way these people think. One week until I can bust out the Christmas carols!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be curious to hear what costume suggestions you get. Can't think of anything clever, myself. You could probably pull off a cowgirl, if you could find a hat and bandanna. Think Bartschis circa 1991.

Mom

dstein said...

i seriously might be a panda this year. maybe panda slut. maybe panda jerk. both culturally appropriate.

Marissa said...

FROG.