Friday, March 13, 2009

TGIF

It's Friday the 13th (again)! So far, I haven't had any bad luck today, which probably means I'll be hit by a car in the next 5 minutes.

Classes are going well. oh yeah, did I mention I sort of gave up the search for a real job and took on some classes? Well I did. I have about 15 hours a week at the moment, way too few to make decent money but great if you like being lazy and having lots of free time. Which I do. I have some cool new students and a few great students I had before I left. My earliest class (once a week) starts at 10:30am. Not bad.

I have been informed that next weekend Argentina will go OFF of daylight savings. This means we will only be one hour ahead of the East Coast. Yay!

Something about a party on an island this weekend. Amazing?

The book I'm reading at the moment SUCKS, so I'm trying to finish it fast and move on.

I'm still scared of my Spanish-speaking roommates but I did manage to have a pretty good conversation the other day AND use the stove. Baby steps, right?

Speaking of steps, for those of you who don't follow my every move on Facebook, I stepped in wet cement on Wednesday while wearing flipflops. There's still some cement on my shoe AND foot (I have taken multiple showers since then, I swear!). That was just so totally predictable.

Don't you love stream of consciousness posts? I know I do. Starving, so I'm going to get a wrap at Pura Vida (NOT Poor Evita) because they're delicious, even though it will cost $1 million. Chau!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's this about a party on an island?

Mom

Anonymous said...

HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE IN YOUR CLASSES? DO THE ARGETINIANS DO ANYTHING SPECIAL FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY?

POPPY

Marissa said...

Mmmmmmm.... poor Evita

dstein said...

ok so i knew like half of those. esp number 6.